This position is responsible for the development and leadership of Conojo’s technology strategy and vision. The person in this role plays an integral part in Conojo’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
A key expectation of this position is to provide company-wide direction in a manner mindful of Conojo’s employees, clients and shareholders in areas of policy and planning to create an environment to foster the vision, mission and values of Conojo Services.
The Chief Technology Officer is accountable for:
1 providing an industry-leading application offering in a SaaS-based “evergreen” environment,
2 the safety, integrity and accessibility of the organization’s data and systems, and
3 providing a work environment that supports the long-term growth and success of the technology department team members.
The Chief Technology Officer creates and maintains the Strategic Technology Plan. This document exists to serve the strategic business plan. It must assess the gaps between the current and future state and provide a roadmap that bridges those gaps. It must address:
• the people, processes and technologies that are required to fulfill the plan,
• the long-term viability of all major application platforms, and
• long-term plans for the continuous improvement of software configuration management systems and Conojo’s Systems
Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Application visionary – Provides visible leadership for Conojo LLC within the technology and insurance industries. Researches and provides direction for Conojo’s suite of tools, features, functions and emerging technologies.
• Ensures application suite is available to and easily implementable by the Implementation Team.
• Identifies and implements new services and tools.
• Identifies and implements enhancements and efficiencies to existing services and tools.
• Leads design, development and implementation of new services, tools and internal support systems.
• Architecture visionary – plans and maintains IT infrastructure – evaluates and acquires necessary technology to ensure organization success. Proven record of finding efficiencies in current technology blueprint. Ability to analyze and review current hardware and data warehouse footprint and suggest recommendations for improvement. Ensures architecture supports established business process and is effectively designed to accommodate business growth.
• Leads the development and execution of Conojo’s technology strategy and vision.
• Monitors and reflects trends in industry technology, security and regulations as part of technology vision. Researches and recommends new technologies.
• Develops and assures adherence to Conojo’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes.
• Develops and assures adherence to Conojo’s architectural, security, development, coding and infrastructure standards.
• Leads the development and maintenance of Conojo’s network, telecommunications, hardware and software infrastructures.
• Develops and monitors Conojo’s technology budget.
• Builds and leads a highly-skilled and service-oriented technology team.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• As a member of Conojo’s senior management team, this person must have extensive experience with the technology planning, development and operations in a responsive, innovative environment within the life insurance or financial services industry.
• A professional accustomed to a fast paced, “can do” approach and who enjoys growing a team and making a significant contribution will thrive in this dynamic environment.
• A motivated, self-directed professional willing to accept responsibility.
• Entrepreneurial and business-minded professional accustomed to
wearing many hats.
• Experience working with a company in the $20-$200 million dollar
range with multiple office locations.
• Experience leading in a BPO / Cloud-SaaS / outsourcing environment preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients and all levels of employees within the organization.
• Ability to develop and implement short and long-range technology capacity and operational plans.
• Demonstrated, problem identification, systemic thinking and problem- solving skills.
• Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and standards as well as thedevelopment and implementation of new strategies and procedures.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in areas of systems, tool sets, hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology as it relates to software development.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field. Masters
degree preferred. Regarded as expert in field.
• Chief Executive Officer